Monday, April 13, 2009

I Can't Believe its... Mashed Potatoes!

So I love Mashed potatoes, when I was younger I used to make Hungry Jack Potatoes as a snack or lunch! And at Thanksgiving? Seconds, Thirds and Fourths of that creamy potatoe goodness!
Unfortunately mashed potatoes got a bad rep, and we cant eat as much as we want of traditionally prepared mashed potatoes if we want to fit into our skinny jeans!
Thankfully I found a way to enjoy them without the guilt!
"I Can't Believe its.. Mashed Potatoes!"
Ingredients:
4 baking potatoes
3 tbsp Earth Balance or Smart Choice Spread
1 clove Garlic finely chopped
* Optional 1 8 oz container of Fage or other Greek Plain Non fat yogurt
* Optional 1/2 cup fat free or 1% milk

Chop up Potatoes leaving skin on, and boil them in a large pot for 30 min or until they are soft enough to mash should be a white creamy color with no slightly transluscent bits.
Drain potatoes and then add spread and garlic mashing the potatoes with a mixer or a big spoon.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
If you like creamier potatoes, add greek yogurt or fat free milk and voila the perfect guilt free dish!
To make them more interesting, especially if you are eating them without accompaniment, I adda little bit of pesto! Its delicous!
Enjoy! xo
SG

No comments:

Post a Comment