Saturday, April 25, 2009

Cookie Corner: Midnight Chocolate Cookies



















So I came home last night, at around 1 am- not drunk or tired but a little restless so I decided to raid my cabinets and bake with some of the contents. That and I had bought chucks of yummy Valrhona Chocolate that I was itching to try out! So i created these delicious and decadent chocolate cookies! They are similar to Nutella or Mudslide cookies, only instead of the delicious hazelnut chocolate dip, I used my favorite Peanut Butter and Co Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter. If you are a peanut butter addict like I am you will love this alternative to Nutella ( which is still amazing) on pretty much anything! The peanut butter along with chunks of high quality chocolate make for a gooey creamy center of this cookie! These are definetly not my healthiest recipe but hey- everyone deserves a splurge!












Ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour ( for cakier cookies add 1/2 cup of cake flour in place of 1/2 c all purpose flour)
1/2 c baking cocoa
1/2 c sugar
3/4 c brown sugar
3 egg whites
1/3 c soy butter spread
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tblsp Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter (you can substitute Nutella if you have it on it hand or just add more butter in place of peanut butter)
1 c chunks Valrhona or any high quality chocolate chunks/ chips
Cream together sugars, eggs, butter and vanilla, add cocoa powder. In a separate bowl mix flour and baking soad then pur cup by cup into cookie mixture. Mix until smooth and doughy and then add peanut butter and chips!
Spoon balls onto cookie dish and cook for 8- 10 minutes! Then enjoy with milk drink of your choice or top with ice cream/ fro yo!
xo
SG

No comments:

Post a Comment