Sunday, May 3, 2009

Cookie Corner: Ooey Gooey Peanut Butter Brownies

So I realize after much teasing by my boyfriend that for a blog that says Skinny Girl, the majority of the food I post is sweets!!! As Corey says, at some point if I keep it up I will have to change the name!! However I am going to post one more sweet recipe and then go on to actual food for a bit! Switch it up and share with you guys some of my favorite easy meal recipes that you can easily make at home. in your dorm/ on a budget and quickly! But for right now these amazing brownies that I just found on My Recipe. com. This is my favorite recipe site- it has recipes from magazines like Cooking Light, Southern Living etc. It has a ton of quick and easy meals as well as delicious sweet recipes. Nothing I have ever made has been bad from this site! Today I was searching through it to find a good brownie recipe for my first Sorority E-Board meeting tonight! I might also replicate this when I actually move in to my new apartment to make fast friends with all the neighbors!! I am changing the recipe slightly by making my own brownie batter instead of using the devil food cake. But as using the mix might be easier I will still include it in this recipe!





Ooey Gooey Peanut Butter Brownies (from Cooking Light)
  • 3/4 cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk, divided
  • 1/4 cup butter or stick margarine, melted and cooled
  • 1/4 cup fat-free milk
  • 1 (18.25-ounce) package devil's food cake mix
  • 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
  • Cooking spray
  • 1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow creme (about 1 3/4 cups)
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter morsels

Preparation

Preheat oven to 350°.

Combine 1/4 cup condensed milk, butter, and next 3 ingredients (butter through egg white) in a bowl (batter will be very stiff). Coat bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Press two-thirds of batter into prepared pan using floured hands; pat evenly (layer will be thin).

Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Combine 1/2 cup condensed milk and marshmallow creme in a bowl; stir in morsels. Spread marshmallow mixture evenly over brownie layer. Carefully drop remaining batter by spoonfuls over marshmallow mixture. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for joining the blog roll over at COOK IT, BLOG IT! I can not wait to see what the future holds on your blog! :)
    --Nikki, The Grourmet Momma

    ReplyDelete