Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Cookie Corner: Perfect Dark Chocolate Brownies with Chocolate Sauce and Berries


The perfect desert for me is a brownie. I love them- I especially love dark chocolate brownies because there really is nothing better to me than a good piece of dark chocolate- except for maybe 16 handles on top. For those of you who have never heard of 16 Handles- it is heaven in a Frozen Yogurt shop, and I pretty much live there! Regardless, I love brownies and last night had a craving for a warm mini brownie covered in chocolate sauce with fresh strawberries- so that is what I had for desert!
I got mini muffin pans from my mom and they are so much fun! I will be making a lot of mini cupcakes and such and my new favorite thing is making brownies in the tin! It is good because you have your individual brownie already made up for you and it saves some of the mess from the pan!

Ingredients:
Brownie:
1 c 70% Valrhona Dark Chocolate or any good dark chocolate powder
1/2 cup Earth Balance Soy Butter Spread (you can use butter if you prefer)
1/2 cup sugar ( I used sugar/Splenda blend)
2 eggs- I used 4 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder

Sauce:
Melted 60% Cocoa Ghiradeli Chocolate Chips

1 c fresh strawberries cut up

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place muffin cups in pan or grease each cup (Pam now does a special baking spray). Melt stick of butter in microwave. Remove and stir in sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Beat in cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder. Spread batter into prepared pan.

Bake for 15-20 minutes if in a mini pan- if in a regular muffin tin or brownie pan 20-30 minutes


While the brownies are cooling melt the chocolate chips, stirring to make smooth and cut up strawberries. Choose your desired piece of brownie, cover in the sauce and top with strawberries!




To make this dish less rich, add 1 tbsp fat free whipped topping or a bit of vanilla yogurt or ice cream! This desert is great when the brownies are a few days old as well!

Enjoy
xo
SG

No comments:

Post a Comment